Tuesday, 1 April 2014

A Yellow Bus


A yellow bus is a store house of joy.


Today morning, the wild and frenzied energy returned to our household.

My brother was busy getting all ready for the first day of a new session with a pretty casual stance. I suppose everyone could hear my mother nagging him to quicken his pace. 

Naturally, the kitchen was the most happening place right then. Pots and pans steamed, the mixer whirred and the toaster would pop up every now and then. The smell of food was heavenly and intoxicating, making it difficult to stay away from the kitchen boundaries. Unfortunately, mumma had made it very clear that the entry for organisms of any kind was absolutely prohibited. Be it us, daddy or anyone else who could muster the courage to interfere with her morning routine. I always wonder where would we be without her? I mean seriously, hats off to mothers all around the world who pack so much love and warmth so very preciously in these lunchboxes that are devoured during recesses.

The dressing table or the bathrooms for that matter were not very far behind. Showers, soaps and shampoos dominated the bathroom. Tousled and tangled hair were set straight. With his bed made and the table organised, my brother finally sat down for breakfast. 

Apart from the ticking clock telling him to hasten, mumma and daddy wished him luck as they left for work. He finally made it to the bus stop in the nick of time and I waved him good bye as the yellow mechanical giant moved to the stop ahead. 

No, I did not get on the bus today. 


And I probably never will, Just like many other batch mates of mine. We will not greet each other with the demented and uncontrolled laughter at school. We will not catch up as if we hadn’t met for an eternity. Nor will we search for our new classroom with great gusto as if it were the famed “One Piece”. We will no longer have the class introductions with our teachers, the interminable morning assemblies, barren classrooms to decorate, confusing time-tables to be copied or duties to be distributed. No we will not have the first day of school ever again.

3 comments:

  1. This is pure awesome. Had tears in my eyes.. We'll never go to school anymore :') I'll miss school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps this is the best one yet. Brilliant.
    Very Well Written.
    Sigh. Now I wish I Had the same command over my English.

    ReplyDelete